Mr. and Miss EHS Crowned for BEAK Week

Ashely Almazan

Seniors Delesia Graham and Jake Eschler were crowned Miss and Mr. EHS March 3, during a ceremony in the Eisenhower High auditorium. The school royalty were chosen based on a combination of how much money they each raised, and student votes.

Ashely Almazan, Staff Reporter

Liliana Kester performs during the Mr. and Miss EHS ceremony March 3 in the Eisenhower High School auditorium. The event started the annual BEAK Week fundraiser that raises money for charity. (Ashely Almazan)

Seniors Delesia Graham and Jake Eschler were crowned Mr. and Miss EHS during a ceremony march 3rd in the EHS auditorium. The Mr. and Miss EHS ceremony was part of the opening ceremonies for BEAK Week. (BEAK stands for “Building Empathy and Kindness.”) BEAK Week is a fundraiser for the Lawton Food Bank. In total, Eisenhower students and their supporters raised $18,130 for the Food Bank over the course of BEAK Week, along with a large amount of packaged non-perishable food that was donated to the organization. 

Boys and girls drawn from the senior class demonstrated their talents in the auditorium and competed against each other to win as part of the Mr. and Miss EHS competition. There were students who lip-synched, lifted weights, and students who competed against each in fun little games. 

The winners of the Mr. and Miss EHS competition were chosen by a combination of how much money they raised and student votes.

From left, Khalil Ferguson, Cory McClelland, and J,P. Paoli perform during the Mr. and Miss EHS ceremony March 3, which kicked off BEAK Week. (Ashley Almazan)